Monday, May 16, 2011

#028- 30 Day Challenge- Day 22

Today's blog: Your Academics

I guess this means all the schooling I've had up till now, hope I can find pictures of all these places.


St. Matthew's Lutheran Church and School


I spent Pre-K and Kindergarten here, there are only bits and pieces that I remember now.


St. James School


This is a picture of the church but the school was behind it. Couldn't really find any good pictures of it. Anyway I spent 1st-5th grade at the school and it wasn't really all that memorable. I remember being the odd one out most of the time. Not many good memories for me here (at least from the school). Since then, the school was closed down and later turned into a preparatory school, and the church was renamed The Church of St. Francis of Assisi.


Albany School of Humanities (P.S. 23)


I went here for 6th grade. Yeah just 1 year I know but it was because it was a magnet school and I won some lottery to be placed there. It was a fun year, I met some new friends and got the hell out of the catholic school system.


William S. Hackett Middle School


I was here for 7th and 8th grade. Not really too much to tell. It was middle school and everyone was in an awkward phase. Since then the school underwent a major renovation, mostly just the interior though, the outside looks the same.


Albany High School


I spent 9th-12th grade here. This shot is of the courtyard where we'd have lunch pretty much every day when it was nice out. Earned an advanced regents diploma and was part of the national honors society chapter at the school. Music was really the only extracurricular thing I did, there was the mens a capella group: The Troubadours, and also the mixed chorus. I also got to sing The National Anthem and God Bless America at my graduation. (So I guess I was pretty good at it.) Found out a lot about myself while I was here.


Stony Brook University


This is where I am now, it's been six years and I'm almost done with my degree in Electrical Engineering. There are way too many good times from here for me to mention all in this post. I was involved with the Residential Safety Program, Residence Hall Association, my building's Hall Council's. Animated Perspectives (the Anime Club), Stony Brook Chorale. and so many other things. I've made mistakes and learned from them here and I've made some great friends along the way who I hope to keep in touch with for a long time. These years have been the best times of my life... so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment